First we taped and washed the wall between the kitchen and living room and then this is what the wall looks like with primer.
Then we decided that we should paint the whole living room too and so we taped and washed the rest of the room. Oliver had the job of taping the ceiling...
This is the finished wall painted between the kitchen and the living room - red (with an orange tint). You can see that it matches the bench and what you can't see is that it matches a picture frame on our wall and some DVD holders. In a future post you will catch the whole vision.
And this is me putting the second coat on in the living/dining area. We had to paint the second coat after work on Monday since we barely finished the first coat Saturday night. It was late after we got home from work and so we weren't able to finish because we lost our light. Hopefully we will finish Tuesday.
Then we still have the kitchen, upstairs office, bathrooms and our bedroom to come. We bought some matching book cases and got rid of our hodge podge ones that were generously donated to us at all different times in life. We also got drapes for our bedroom. So, stay tuned, because more house project pictures will surely be coming!
PS - Thanks to Kristen Farmer for all her help picking colors, drapes, furniture arrangement suggestions, etc. She was so easy to work with and you can tell her that we sent you her way!