Saturday, September 27, 2008

One Year and Still Blissful...

It has been a little while since I have posted to our blog and I have some great stories and photos coming. But today is memorable; we have been married one full year! Like tradition requires, we saved our top layer of cake until today. I have always heard that it is disgusting and freezer burned and just absolutely gross. I have friends that only waited a month or even just a week, but I am obedient and so we defrosted the cake today.

So here we are getting ready to unwrap the frozen layer and cut right in... (Since my sister just had her baby, my mom is visiting and it was her weekend to stay with us so she joined us in the festivities.)




Surprisingly, it was phenomenal cake! It tastes great! You are welcome to come over and have a slice and I think that my mother-in-law still has some in the freezer too. When we ordered our cake the maker suggested that we get the top layer made with lemon poppyseed because she said it freezes the best. Well, she knew what she was talking about and even after a full year it was really good. Must be sign, one year married and still blissful. May we have many, many more just like it or better!

5 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Wow, a year! Congratulations! In my head I still think of you as newlyweds because I think you had been married only a couple of months when I met you. I'm glad you saved the cake for your year anniversary!

Jared and Reini said...

Happy 1st year anniversary! How exciting! I can't believe it has been a year already.... I don't know why everyone doesn't like their cake after a year- our was delicious!

Definitely need to hang out soon- sorry I have been a basket case... I'll call you this week!

Miriam said...

Happy 1st year anniversary...time seems to be flying by! I'm glad your cake tasted so good. We loved cake too it was lemon (no poppy seeds). -Miriam

Brad said...

Glad you were able to eat some. Between two different cakes Brad and I never ended up trying either one! This is Deidre...

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary! Our apt freezer was so small that we ate the cake just to make room for "real" food in it. I think we waited all of 8 weeks!