Thursday, January 29, 2009

The last detail....

We finished paying for the cruise, we bought our airfare from Salt Lake to Rome and back again, we paid for our apartment in Rome, we finalized our staying arangement for Greece and the only missing puzzle piece was how to get from Athens to Rome. Over the past several weeks airfare from Greece to Italy has been about $375 for both of us to fly one-way on a one-hour flight! LAME!

Just this morning, our wonderful Greek hostess (okay, she's not really Greek but she is in Greece) notified us that they were having a great airfare price. YOU BET THEY WERE! For just $171 we are now both flying from Greece to Italy and I am officially done with the planning. We saved about $200! Thanks Aegean Air and THE BIGGEST THANK YOU TO PATTI!

I am waiting for my passport to come with my last name changed and that is it! There is nothing else to do but wait a very pleasant 99 DAYS! I think that finalizing our home purchase and all that entails (packing, moving, unpacking, paiting, deep cleaning, buying appliances, etc) will keep us plenty busy! But today I am just so darn excited!

1 comment:

Deidre said...

I can understand why you are so excited. This will be the trip of a lifetime for you both! I can't imagine what kind of adventures await you with the new home and the traveling.