Thursday, January 29, 2009

Need I Say More...

We are finalizing the purchase of a foreclosure with a kitchen that looks like this! Who cares what the rest of the house looks like? If this was your kitchen you wouldn't care either...


Okay - some of you might, but I don't care because I love the kitchen! We will post more pictures as we go along but we are still waiting to finalize details regarding the inspection, the appraisal, being in a floodplain, the carpet and the bank. I am told that it has been a pretty straight-forward foreclosure and yet it is frustrating and hard to wait all at the same time. Our close date is scheduled for February 28th - but we are shooting for earlier.... We will just have to wait and see.

Note to my magical kitchen: I promise to take good care of you, to fill you with new appliances, to keep you clean, to love you, to make great things that come out of you and to do service because of your functionality. I promise to keep good food storage, make nightly dinners, cook healthy food and love you dearly. I promise to spend a lot of time with you and create family memories with you. I am so glad that you have waited for me this past year. I know a year with no family, just sitting empty, must have been very hard. I am sorry that you had to endure so many hands opening your cabinets, pulling on your doors and feeling violated. I am sorry your hardwear was stolen and that people broke their nails trying to peek inside your appliance garage. Please know this abuse will stop and that your sad journey is almost through. Thanks for your patience. I am coming. And, most importantly, don't worry, I am bringing the bleach. Good night magical kitchen - I love you already and know that my love will just continue to grow for you and all your magic...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What more could anyone say! We love the whole house it will be filled with adventures all to soon.

Miriam said...

I hope we can find something so nice! We are contemplating making a home purchase, which is overwhelming for me to think about but at the same time I have reached my renting threshold. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Your note to your kitchen almost made me cry. So touching.

Cody said...

Congratulations you knobs! The house looks gorgeous. Let us know if you need any help moving or getting settled. Best.