Monday, February 9, 2009

Packing the Townhouse

Oliver and I spent much of our Saturday boxing and labelling stuff! We decided if we pack one room a week it will make the last week go a little more smoothly. This weekend we packed most of the office and the garage. We own more books then the Herriman Library! (Those of you that have been know this isn't an amazing accomplishment - and they definitely have more videos and CDs then us.)
Here's a picture of the garage which is being loaded with all our boxes and furniture in preparation for the moving truck.

And this is our labelling station. Every box and piece of furniture has a colored piece of paper taped to it which corresponds to a room assignment at the new house. This way, the people that help us move don't have to try to guess which room is the office or the guest bedroom or the whatever - they just look at the colored paper and make sure it matches the color that will be taped in the rooms at the new house. Pretty slick - this makes you all want to help and haul boxes huh?
And this is the main man behind the madness. I helped pack the boxes but he was good enough to carry them all downstairs (and the empty ones upstairs for that matter). I only hauled one box of books downstairs - what a great guy! He sure was raised right...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, your organization skills are enviable. I was going to say something along the lines of "sick" or "disturbing" but I realized that might come off a bit jealous and sad. I am actually feeling myself oddly attracted to your little colored papers... can I come help move stuff? :)

Shannon said...

You two have got to be the most organized moving pair ever!

becky and lance said...

heidi you crack me up! i love your "labeling station!!" so dang organized! and you guys have a TON of stuff!! if that is just one room, i can't wait to see what you garage looks like the day before you move!! it was good to see you two on sunday!!

Miriam said...

You are so organized. If I were in Utah I would definitely come and help since it would be easy! Good luck with the packing.

Olson's said...

Looks like you're on the right track. You're labeling station is hilarious - I've never seen that before! I like the idea and am sure that it will help out all the movers.

Kristen said...

That is a great system! When we moved here I copied off our floor plan - every box got that taped on and then I would put a red dot in the room where the box went. (I had to do this - I was 5 months pregnant and not about to haul boxes!) Can you believe I only had ONE box in the wrong room!? Worked like a charm. You'll be so glad you were organized about it!