Friday, May 6, 2011

Facial Softening - My New Skill

We were doing a Mother's Day craft with our young women which involved taking pictures of all the girls.  I think the teen years are rough - middle school, acne, boys, changing bodies, boundary pushing with the parents - all of it.  In an effort to help the girls see themselves how we see them - beautiful, loving, friendly, kind - I worked on enhancing their pictures to bring out their inner beauty.  I wasn't trying to make the girls look like models or have fake looking perfection - I was just trying to soften and enhance.  The goal wasn't perfect skin and loosing ten pounds - I believe that women are beautiful just they way they are - just sometimes you want that stupid zit to go away!

I taught myself a few new photoshop tricks - making eyes bluer, making skin zit-less, evening skin tones, etc.  I'm pretty proud of my new skill and the confidence that the girls all felt when they saw their pictures.  The left is SOOC (straight out of camera) and the right is my attempt to learn some editing skill. 
PS Click on the pictures to enlarge and see the full effect and yes I am happy to edit your pictures too :)
PPS These pictures are posted with Kadi's permission.

1 comment:

twobadmonkeys said...

This is sooo great Heidi!!!