Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oregon Trip

So the old blogger loaded all the pictures backwards.  Well the new one, apparently puts them in the order you choose them.  I'm too lazy to re-upload all of them and so we'll tell you about our Oregon trip in reverse. 

Addison and I went to Oregon for a quick visit to use up a southwest flight credit that Oliver and I had.  Addison had a fever of 103 and was sick all but one day we were there.  She literally was awake 4 hours or less the first day we were there.  She did get a little better as the visit went on, but she only wanted me to hold her, she was clingy, and she just didn't feel great.  She had no patience at all - at home when she falls over or topples she just keeps trying again and again...but in Oregon she would just melt down everytime.  I am still glad that we went and it was nice to visit my family.  Hopefully next time she will be more herself and we will get out of the house a little more.

Nana got a gate pass on our way home and she and Addison played while we waited to board the plane to come home.  Addison was fairly fussy in the airpot and I was trying to calm her.  My mom reminded me that everyone was stareing at us and thinking that they wouldn't want to sit by us and so I should let her fuss as a deterrent.  Well, it worked, we had a whole row to ourself on the way home (Addison cried the first 10 minutes of the flight and then spread out on two seats and slept the rest of the way). 
Addison did love watching everyone deboard the plane because they all waved at her and said hi.
My mom was nannying the time that we were there and so we stayed with her and the Prusinski house (which was amazing).  The last night we were there we took the kids and dog to the park, met up with Kel and had a quick dinner at Wendy's after.  Here's Sam running with the dog...
And Addison trying to eat the camera...

Playing pat-a-cake with Aunt Kel
Baby ducks!
Walker and the ducklings.
Walking around the lake.
Sam pushing Addison
While we were up there we made it up to see my dad.  We didn't stay very long because I had to wake Addison up from a three-hour nap to make the 45 minute drive and then we just visited for an hour before taking her home for another 3.5 hour nap.  But I was really glad to have at least said hello.

Addison with grandpa and her new bear.
Addison in grandpa's rocking chair.
Because Addison slept most of the days - we didn't go out while we were in town.  In fact, I don't think I have spent so little money on a visit home EVER!  Maybe it was good she was sick so we can convince dad to let us go back and be able to prove that we won't break the bank :)  In the short times she was awake we just played around the house.
The weather was gorgeous and we spent time playing on the deck overlooking the woods.
Nana brought Addison a riding toy to play with (that also pops up so she can walk with it) and she was able to push herself backwards.
Addison was fascinated watching the baby in the glass door do what she was doing...
The kids didn't get to see a whole lot of Addison and they were amazed that she was always asleep.  But she was still up by 6 or so in the morning and so we all played before school.
Oliver was really sad for us to be going on a trip without him.  But he came with us to the airport and got a gate pass to help me down to the gate for Addison's first plane ride.  Flying wasn't nearly as bad as a I thought.  She slept most of both flights because we didn't have to share our row and she could stretch out.  She doesn't sleep while being held so I'm not sure how well she would have done otherwise, but luckily I didn't have to find out. 
We won't make it up to Oregon again this year - but hopefully we'll get to go again next year and hopefully Addison won't be sick the next time around!

1 comment:

Tyson Gerber said...

What a fun trip. she is getting so big!