Monday, January 30, 2012

From the Mouth of Babes

I have recently been re-assigned in my church assignment. For the past three years I have worked with the young women (12-18) teaching lessons, participating/planning weekly activities, camp, conferences, dance, volleyball, basketball, etc. I now teach the 3-4 year old class (aka Sunbeams) on Sunday. (I'm actually still assigned as the YW Camp Director which I find to be the best of both worlds because I love Girls Camp!).

I have an assigned co-teacher and we rotate and teach the Sunbeam class every other Sunday. This allows us to go to our own Sunday School and Relief Society meetings every other week (blah blah blah opinion as to how it should go - however, that is how our ward does it, and who am I to question the inspiration and direction provided by those in the bishopric and primary presidency - so I'm trying not to mumble).

Anyway, I wanted to share a few of things that the kids have said in our January lessons so I can remember...

Teacher: What does it mean for you to be a child of God?
Sunbeam H: It means I'm Jesus' baby.


Teacher: What makes you happy?
Sunbeam A: When my mom is sick.
Teacher: Well that doesn't sound very kind, why does that make you happy?
Sunbeam A: Because it means she's having a baby and I'm happy when my mom has a baby. Do you think my mom could be sick again soon?

2 comments:

Kandis Mortensen said...

I'm SO HAPPY for the kids you get to teach! They are SO LUCKY to have you!!! Please... keep these awesome quotes coming... am I going to be feeling sick sometime soon...? hmmmmm

Meghann said...

Oh my goodness, those are the sweetest little conversations!