Monday, December 6, 2010

Never Got Around To It

My parents had our pictures taken professional every 6 months until we went to kindergarten. I love that I have so many great pictures from when I was little. Now cameras have gotten so great and since we don't use film I can take hundreds of pics to make sure I get one that I like of Addison. I don't know if we'll take Addison every 6 months to have her picture taken, however, it was still really important to me to get Addison's picture taken when she was new. And I do think that we'll go at least once a year if it is affordable. But there's the rub - I was appalled how pricey it is to have pictures taken and be able to have a digital copy to keep...But after a lot of research I found the perfect solution for our family.

I would recommend fotofly to EVERYONE! You pay $79 for your session and the number of people at your session is unlimited (they don't punish you for having a big family). They take your family shots and they take pics of everyone individually for the same price. Your cost means that you get a disk of your edited pictures and the rights to do whatever you want with them (blog, facebook, email, costco prints, shutterfly, whatever!). They have a trendy room in their studio and a spot for a more classic look they are punctual and really made sure that we were satisfied. If you want them to print pics for you it's only $4 a sheet (1 8x10, 2 5x7, 3 4x6 etc). Having printed all our pics at Costco to own a full set - it was definitely worth having some printed nicely by them for framing because the quality was better. If you want to check it out ask me for more info (plus I get $10 for referring you...just sayin').

Anyway, I am side-tracked. I wanted nice pictures of Miss Addison so that we could do birth announcements. So when she was 8 days old we packed her up for her very first outing and went to have her picture taken. Call us crazy - but they were wonderful! I did manage to mail some of the announcements and I got some thank you cards written...but since my initial gusto I have lost my steam.

I never posted her newborn pics or her announcement on the blog because I kept meaning to send them out and didn't want to spoil the surprise. But, since they are a little out-dated and I just had Christmas cards done I thought I would post the pics now for you to enjoy...some of you will still be getting your birth announcements (they just might be included with your Christmas card).


3 comments:

Jolene said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures and where to go to get them. I have been very frustrated as of late because we've done pictures at Sears twice now, and it makes me so angry that I have to pay an arm and a leg just for the right to the pictures of my child! And they use the fact that I think my baby is absolutely adorable to finangle me into buying this huge package that I really don't want...I don't want a full-length, life-size picture of Sam in his costume, I just want the dang CD! I am definitely going to try the place you recommended for our next photo op! Addison is ADORABLE!!

Leah Stone said...

these are absolutely gorgeous. Wow. She is a looker.

Pinkie and Family said...

incredible pictures!!! do they exist in Oregon?