Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nana Sent You A Box of Used CRAP

My mom has been so excited for Addison to turn 1. She has had a Stack & Spin Activity Table for a longtime and sent it back with Oliver and I when we were in Oregon over Christmas. She didn't want to pay to ship it and was really excited that we had decided to drive so we could bring it back and give it to her for her birthday.

Oliver and I wrapped it to give to Addison from her Nana. Kyle was more excited than Addison about the big present as it was unveiled on Saturday night.

Her party ended, we put Addison to bed, and Oliver and I spent the evening watching a show. The next morning Addison was up at 6:30 and we were ready to play. We sang Happy Birthday a couple of times and then it was time to assemble her activity table. I opened the box and this is what was inside:

Doesn't look like an activity table to me either! 5 used children sized wrist guards, a brand new Comp USA adaptor, some shelving parts, two cnadlesticks, a spinning display tray, and a box of shelving connectors. Essentially, it was a box filled with CRAP! My mom can't remember where she bought it - but someone packaged it up, made it look brand new, and took advantage of her! What's weird is that my mom doesn't shop at garage sales and usually just gets her toys on clearance from Target or Toys 'R Us.

After a disappointing unveil and a 5:45 AM (her time) phone call to my mom we had a pretty good laugh. It's a story we'll be telling Addison for a long-time coming!

Happy First Birthday Baby Girl- Nana sent you a box of used crap :)

1 comment:

Kandis Mortensen said...

Ok--that is hillarious!!! Good thing it was her first birthday, so she won't remember! Can you imagine if she were a three year old?? I don't even want to think about it! Happy Birthday sweet Addison!