Monday, August 2, 2010

It's a Girl

She's so beautiful and perfect...
And she is totally not ours... (LOL I crack myself up!)

Anyway, I am due in two more days. I went to the doctor this morning and I am still progressing beautifully and my body is doing what it is supposed to. While Oliver was away for work in New Jersey for two weeks people were incessantly asking how I was, checking up on me, etc and it was overwhelming and frustrating and annoying.

So this past weekend, to help with my personal sanity, we stayed home ALL WEEKEND. It was divine. We ran some necessary errands early Saturday morning, re-cleaned the house, packed our hospital bags, watched movies, ate at the park, read, napped and just spent time together. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend and it has prepared me for another week of constant badgering by the generally caring and curious public who actually do love and care about us.

We'll be sure to update you with any progress and post pics as soon as we have them. We did find out this morning that I will be induced on August 12th, if she doesn't come before that, so either way, we don't have much longer to wait.

Here's to a healthy happy baby and successful delivery!

4 comments:

Deidre said...

Oh sweet harassment. PS I think we were in New Jersey at the same time as Oliver. Maybe we could have seen him. It's not that big!

I almost died when I saw the picture, it really worked on me. I was mad no one had at least sent an e-mail through the Lyon network.

Nicole Christoffersen said...

That is not funny! You totally had me fooled. I didn't even care about reading the text for about two whole minutes as I was examining her darling face trying to figure out if she looks like you or Oliver. I'll continue to check your blog every.single.day until I see some news, so no more tricks for the gullible people of this world, like me, please! Anyway, when it does happen, good luck! It will be one of the most beautiful days of your life!

Unknown said...

What a brilliant idea. I think that's what I'll do next time - just check out for a while. I was so sick of people asking me, "Where's your baby?" "Have you had your baby yet?" "No baby?" "When are you going to be induced?" I literally threw a three-year-old style fit right in the living room. Way to go finding a way out for a while. The worst is you feel terrible being mad at people, cuz really they're trying to be nice, but boy howdy is it annoying. Anyway,
yours in sympathy,
Charity

Melinda said...

Ok that picture totally tricked me at first! Good one!