Friday, June 3, 2011

Self-Taught Seamstress

I have been following Utah County Mom and she posted a tutorial how to make a ruffle dress. She made it look so simple and so I decided to give it a try. Jessica draws her own patterns from her daughters existing clothes that fit. I read the tutorial, knew I had a friend that was a good seamstress, and decided to give it a try. Well, it wasn't as easy as it looks, that might be because I have never sewed anything but straight lines (remember these) but it turned out cute when you don't look too closely.

Without further ado, here is Addison in her ruffle dress. I made it plenty big so that hopefully she can wear it through the summer.
And no, I couldn't seem to get a great picture of her it in for you to see how it looks. But it has little lace cap sleeves and a button in back.

5 comments:

Evan and Holly said...

That is so freakin' cute. I love the blue sweater and blue shoes. The bow is so cute. I love it! It is so cute.

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job! What a cute dress!

Angela said...

CUTE!!!!

p.e. said...

Very talented!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!