Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Maiden Voyage of the Diaper Sprayer



***Pictures not for the weak stomachs***











We have been doing cloth diapers for awhile now and we are loving it! I'm loving that there is less waste and that they are hassle free. I'd say that I'm loving the savings in our wallet - but the start-up costs are nothing to bat your eyes at. For now, I'm using our monthly diaper budget to get us started, stocked and operational. Currently, I'm coordinating a co-op cloth diaper purchase so let me know if you're interested.

Oliver and I installed our diaper sprayer on Monday night. It looks exactly like the sink sprayer that pulls out next to the faucet on some kitchen sinks. I was waiting all day Tuesday for Addison to "do the deed" so that I could test it out (yeah, I'm weird and yes, it's funny the things that make parents so excited!).

Here is her diaper after her BM.
Here is the installed diaper sprayer - it has a handle that you turn to turn on the water flow and adjust the pressure.
Here is the diaper post sprayer action. Now it just goes into the pail, through the washer, hangs to dry and back to Addison's cute bum. No staining, no mess!
In other news, we have also been using the sprayer to rinse our her adjacent bath tub after bath time. I rinse her toys and the soap residue and it's working great!

3 comments:

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

I Love that you are doing cloth diapers. I have a friend do it and she makes it look SOOO easy and after the inital investment there no other cost. I'm glad you are lettingus know your journey.

Martha

KJlovesBubba said...

lol . . . well, I am old enough to say that I have washed out soiled cloth diapers of my siblings, just in the toilet . . . swish, swish, swish and then wring them out, all in the toilet bowl. The ingenuity . . . amazing.

McDorky said...

Is that a clementine BG? I love it! We have a small that he can't quite fit into yet but I can't wait to try it! I love the clementine color!

Glad the diaper sprayer is working out. That was Jason's ultimatum with the cloth diapers - we have to have the sprayer when Noah starts solids!