Thursday, December 1, 2011

Eat a Bowl of Cookie Dough

So you're on Pinterest right? And do you make anything from it?

I've actually been quite productive in doing what I see on Pinterest and that makes me feel good about myself.

This has been on there a lot lately...and who doesn't want to eat a whole bowl if raw cookie dough?


The awesome thing about this website is that most of her recipes are vegan (which makes them gluten free by default I think). You see my nephews are gluten-free, dairy free which maybe means they are vegan. My BIL's girlfriend is a gluten-free eater too. And the woman that inspired me to actually put some creativity into my blog design does the gluten-free thing too. So I've been changing up how I cook on occasion (because I got a girl pukingly sick after eating at my house because of my ignorance...yep, I'm horrible).

So, back to raw cookie dough, here is the recipe that I made - but you can see the original by clicking the picture above. I didn't make it dairy-free because I don't need to so here's how it went:

Cookie Dough Dip
-1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained)
-1/4 tsp salt (just less than)
-tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup peanut butter
-1/4 cup milk
-about 1/4 cup brown sugar and a squirt of honey
-chocolate chips
-3 T flaxseed (but if I didn't have it I would use oatmeal next time

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.


Now a couple of things, I don't really measure when I cook (pretty much not ever - not even to bake), I just add what looks good. So this is about what I did. I did have to add more milk to get mine to blend completely because my blender just isn't that great. Mine turned out kind of thin - but still spoon-able. I just added chocolate chips until it looked good to me - next time I will add a little less.

When Oliver stopped at home with his co-worker Addison and I were eating cookie dough and watching Veggie Tales (and I felt kind of guilty - like I'd been caught). They went to run an errand and didn't try it. Right before I left for YW I told Oliver there was left-over cookie dough in the fridge and then walked out.

This morning he was ranting about how great it was and how it would be awesome on top of ice cream. I then told him what was in it.

Oh, sweet victory, I love being sneaky!

I actually love raw cookie dough, so out of full disclosure, I want to admit that it does taste like raw cookie dough but the texture is a little off. Next time I will try to make mine a little thicker and I still haven't tried it chilled which might be better.

But we will be eating it for lunch again - maybe on top of ice cream - or as a dip for graham crackers. Yesterday I dipped apples in it and it was heavenly!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

speaking of your blog design. . . yeah, it disappeared awhile ago for me. All I ever get is just white. Are you working on a new one?

Michelle said...

Are you working on a new blog design? Yours has been white from this end for awhile anyway. . . .

Heidi Totten said...

Vegan is no meat or dairy or any animal products. Vegetarian is no meat, but still eggs, cheese and milk. Pescatarian is no meat but fish. Gluten free is no grains with gluten.

I'm surrounded by food issues and allergies! :)

I love this stuff - since going vegan/vegetarian I have been trying all of her desserts!

Unknown said...

Ha! I caught that shout out...you are sneaky.

Plus, it's amazing to think that that combo of ingredients mixed together could taste like cookie dough! I may not believe it until I try it.

Evan and Holly said...

I tried that carrot ice cream on Evan that they demo at Costco, stating you can't taste the carrots...no go. He knew and it was gross. So I'll have to try this and think how I feel. Who did you get sick at your house?

Erin Hall said...

Baptism towels are just white towels that you give to a child getting baptized. They are supposed to use them when they come out of the water. With the towels I got we are going to embroider CTR and their name on the bottom edge.