Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Little Baker Licks Again

Addison and I are getting ready for our camping trip later this week by pre-making a lot of the food.  This morning we baked cookies and pumpkin bread.  The "mmm tasty" came out and she scrambled as fast as possible to get up to the counter.  She is now able to dump most the ingredients into the mixer - well about half go in the mixer and half go on the counter - but it's progress (and the cookies are horribly flat because I think I forgot to add the counter spilled baking powder back in and it's more important that she gets to help and participate than that I care about flat cookies or the mess - at least that's what I keep telling myself).  She is still sad that she can't crack the eggs but I'm just not ready for that kind of mess and participation.  As always - the best part - licking the beater!
And getting it all over her face...

She and her baby (named Addison also) decided to take a nap while the bread baked.  She was pretending to snore because she claimed that "baking hard work".

She's a great little kitchen helper!

No comments: